Thursday, August 09, 2007

We Major?


I really enjoy when rappers take themselves too seriously. Especially when they think that they are showing how multi-dimensional they are, when they are in fact just showing that no matter how many sides they think they have, each one is as dumb, if not dumber, than the next. Thus, I bring to you, the Kanye VS. 50 cent debates!
Apparently, there is some discussion over who's album will gross more once released. I am rooting for Kanye, but 50 swears he's more "conscious" of his surroundings. On 106 & Park, 50 extended the invitation to debate who's album would be better. Debate what, pray tell, fiddy? Compare marketing campaigns, or previous sound scans, or how their support of the sneaker industry has further entrenched the fight against child labour in under developed countries, or is it just which one of you Jacob the Jeweller likes best?
“I accept the challenge,” 50 Cent said. “Kanye, he’s not going to want to show up. Just don’t be asking me if I am a conscious rapper. I know exactly what I am saying — so I am conscious.”


So, does this seem stupid to anyone else, but me?
“I don’t have beef with anyone,” West said on MTV’s TRL today, in response to a question by a reporter from the Associated Press. “What am I going to debate about? I’m going to go in the studio and make music. When I heard the thing about the debate, I thought that was the stupidest thing.”



Well thats good to hear, no wonder your album is called The Graduation, and 50's is just him writing his name. Guess who's scorin more points on their SAT's?
[Source]

2 comments:

TJ said...

Was there ever any doubt who you'd side with?

...not in my mind, there wasn't!

e. Styles said...

thats a very good point you make. I'm still waiting to see who the green party candidate is.