Monday, November 12, 2007

Check Out The Check In

With the last few minutes of Monday rapidly spilling into Tuesday morning, I need to throw this post up to regain some of that "post a day" steam that I was building. So, I figure what better way then to rope that up with one of those old fashion recap posts? So lets have at it.

First, with all the Kanye criticism I drop on this page, I must send out my deepest condolences to Kanye with the loss of his mother. Mom Dukes are important, and Dr. Momma West is of course no exception. So Kanye- I'm sorry about your moment of mourning.


Also- Norman Mailer, I'm sorry to see you go too dude. You have helped me in this past year develop ideas, and I appreciate your contribution to journalism.


So- enough morose news. Last night, I had the opportunity to see MC Frontalot, a nerdcore rapper, at the Knitting Factory. Nerdcore is so awesome and disarming. I kind of felt at home, but also like I was in middle school. Also, I stood behind the sexually active band kids...so that was weird. Regardless of the excess of wide hipped gyrating, and foggy glasses (one of those pairs were mine), the lyrics were actually pretty decent, and beats quite slammin. Of course there was lots of reference to computers, good grammar, and video games, some of which were over my head (thank goodness), but there were also songs that dealt with homosexuality and acceptance, which is an aspect that mainstream hip-hop completely ignores. I suggest checking out the music before just showing up, to mentally prep yourself, but if you're looking for a change....this is definitely a change.


Last piece of news- Big Doe Rehab, remember (scroll down)? Well, it seems like Ghostface, da god, has taken over the Brooklyn Bodega, and will be blogging on a regular basis. Ghost- who's lyrics are tightly connected, and imagery is so vivid, you need to check your ears for shrapnel - will be chronicling his day to day in the Big Doe Rehab, up until the album drops on December 4th. The stories are already hilarious, so if you have the time to check on it each day, it should prove more than entertaining. Plus, I mean, its Ghostface, what more do you want?

That's it for today- Hope I'm back in your good graces!

No comments: