Thursday, November 15, 2007

Mo' Magic


It's been a post heavy day, and I hope that this will be the last one, so I can spend the rest of my day trying to find a job. So Mos Def- remember that dude? He released a record last year on Geffen, that only sold 86,000 copies, called Tru3 Magic. Well he's switchin gears, and jumpin ship, and is working on a new album on Downtown Recordings.

I was just talking shop with my boy Buzzed Recall about how Mos has had creative inconsistencies and fall's short of grace because of his dedication to his own craft rather than popular tastes. He is supposed to work with Kanye on this album, so I'm hopping that 'Ye can help tap into some solid expression, so that he can get the acclaim that he deserves. I just hope the sound doesn't get to glossy. Mos doesn't rock chains, or bust caps, or move weight, but he does spit hot fire. Here's to hopin!

No comments: