Thursday, November 15, 2007

Philly Hip Hopness

I lied. My mind slipped, and completely forgot to mention that Philly is comin back with such fervor that it hurts my spleen. So lets do a quick Illie Illadelph recap, to give love to the city that gives so much. Add these to the "Hot Releases of '07" list:


Freeway- Free At Last:
Freeway hasn't dropped a record since 2003's Philadelphia Freeway. This album, which comes out November 20th, 2007, will hopefully solidify Free in the annals of the Hip-hop's. It's been a long time comin for him, so in the very least, he's got something to say.


Spank Rock's Bangers & Cash:
This album came out early October, but it warrants mention because its just soo nasty. It's a Spank Rock meets 2liveCrew EP, and it's everything you love about dirtty Baltimore influenced club music with Philly's- "I'm the most ugly city and I don't care attitude". Plus- any man who can have fisticuffs with Jared Leto is okay in my book.


Beanie Sigle- The Solution:

I mentioned this earlier, but due out in December is the 4th effort from the Broad St. Bully. Beans has continued to progress, with each effort outshining his previous achievement. It's to be released close to a month after Freeway's album, and should anchor Philadelphia rappers return to supremacy at years end.


Peedi Peedi- Prince of The Roc: Roc Star
So this is just a rumor, but State Property prince Peedie Crakk is supposed to release a project in the winter of 2007. I'll put up more of this once I get the chance, but since there isn't much info on this, I'm obviously not gonna do it now. This is a "wait and seee" kinda deal.

1 comment:

Matt said...

You know you wanna come back.