Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Here I Stand, Six Feet Small

Sometimes I make childish mistakes that make me feel like I'm 6 again. Like forgetting what time my flight leaves, or leaving my cell phone in CA...but those are just extreme..."made up" examples. Now in Phoenix, on the last leg of my journey, I'm taking this time to analyze some music I grabbed in CA. Firstly, the Amy Winehouse Album. Its not much unlike the Lily Allen album, on basic production, but differs in its strong doo-whop structure. The horns provide a deeper bass foundation, which the guitar then builds off, and with the addition of Amy's voice, almost pounds the gritty emotion home. The musical accompaniment provides enough space that she really breezes in and out of the track. Its a good vibe.

That's it....see you on the east coast!

No comments: