Friday, March 23, 2007

Shell Shocked...




Yay weekend. Jalisa and I, in lu of her last minute job fair cancellation, went to go see the TMNT movie. It was pretty awesome. The graphics wer sick, the storyline was pretty decent, and the soundtrack even had a song done by Cobra Starship and also my good friends Gym Class Heroes. You know you've hit the big time when you do a Turtle movie, just ask M.C. Hammer. Now I must share them with a whole generation of 5 year olds, not to mention the MTV crowd. Luckily, not that many people were there.

In other movie news, Air Guitar Nation opens today in NYC. I read Bjorn Turoque's, To Air Is Human, last semester, and it was awesome. The movie chronicles the weird trend, and the equally weird members who compete in air guitaring. I one day aspire to be an Air Guitarist. Luckily, the schedule for competition will be released soon!!

Moving to music, T.I. has released his concept for his next album, titled T.I. vs T.I.P. The idea is that he is competing with his alter ego, for rap dominance. T.I. told pitchfork that he feels there is no one else on his level so he had to challenge himself. It's funny, Cassidy, the Philadelphia native rapper, had an idea such as this, first with his Split Personality release in 2004, and then the I'm A Hustla, where the first track, "The Problem Vs. The Hustla", involves Cassidy battling himself due to lack of other equivalent adversaries. Apparently, the dearth of competition has also left T.I. grasping for creativity. What you know about that?