Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Low Pro Ho Should Be Cut Like An Afro


There is a riddle that goes a little like this:
"A man walks into this "one horse" town. This town is very small, yet has two barbers. One barber's shop is very clean, and filled with anxious patrons shootin the shit, as they say. It's nicely decorated, with nice furniture and artwork. A real ritzy joint; class like gangbusters, so to speak. The barber has a real nice cut. No cowlicks, or uneven edges. Dapper-Dan. This other barber's shop is a real dingy dive. There are broken lamps, it lacks ventilation, and there is a thin layer of hair and mud which has become part of the floor. Hopefully its mud. The shop has no customers and the barber has the worst haircut ever. There are patches missing, and two cuts in his eyebrow, tryin wild out. So this traveler is trying to make a decision which to go to, and thus the riddle."

I came across a similar scenario today, and now have the moral of this parable ingrained into my skull. Literally. As I prepare myself to go to NYC for job interviews galore, I realize that perhaps I should go to interview for "Kid n' Play: The True story" movie, instead of a legitimate career. I intended to get my hair trimmed, so I could be taken "seriously" in the real world. Stupid real world, always causing problems. Trim in West Chester Barber terms must mean "make you look like an idot."Now it seems that the barber will prevent my serious appearance. Unless I'm applying for the job of in store, serious, novelty pencil. Is FAO Schwarz hiring?

3 comments:

TJ said...

Answer: the muddy barbershop across the street is where the clean barber gets HIS hair cut.

e. Styles said...

You sir, are a correct!

Lisa said...

i need to see this haircut. a drive by with you wearing a hat just doesn't cut it!