Sunday, May 13, 2007

Hippa To Da Hoppa

Every day, I wake up with a song in my head. Without fail, my first conscious thoughts are lyrical, and depending on the feel of the song, I will either be in a good mood, or rather melancholy. Today, I woke with Ol' Dirty Bastard on my mind, which means good things!! Since I'm so chipper, I'm going to just dedicate today to music posts and save everythang else til either tomorrow, or til something crazy happens.

The Fader has a 30 second clip of a new Kanye Song. I have a personal feud with Kanye relating to my emanate musical and fashion supremacy, and the obstacle he creates. However, I have respect for him, and don't hate on his success and the quality of his work. The clip is pretty awesome, so that suggests good things about his new album that should drop the 18th of September. He interviews with MTV to give you all the details I'm sure you're longing for.

Across the pond, Dizzee Rascal is gearing up for his new release. The single "Pussyhole" is pretty great. If the title doesn't scream grime, then I'm not sure what does. Here is his interview with the BCC, and download the homage to ace of base by Dizzee.

In news that isn't that majorly important, Hot Hot Heat tells cmj that they will soon release a follow up to elevator. Add on top of that, Emily Haines, who I am in love with...but don't tell Feist, is releasing some extra cuts from her Knifes Don't Have You're Back album. Add on top of that, Metric is not only in the demo stages of a new release, but will also release their previously lost debut Grow Up And Blow Away. Aesop Rock is also supposed to release an album soon, so that should get us all sort of pumped fo summa! That's interesting, right?

Finally, in old school classic music news. For those of you have committed the egregious act of not having any Beatles music in your digital libraries, Sir Paul McCartney has come to your aid! He tells us that the Beatles catalogue will soon be available on itunes.Don't thank him too much...he is the reason it hasn't be available on there in the first place. Sweet Victory for all.

No comments: