Thursday, May 17, 2007

Robots, Monsters, and Teeth




I like pet monsters (not of the one eyed variety...sickos) and I like robots a ton, too. I also enjoy teeth. Both of the musical, and the chewing variety. Today I stumbled upon these three things in relatively quick succession.

First I discovered that the Teeth are Spin.com's artist of the day. Ive been hopeful that the Teeth's new album, You're My Lover Now would help them gain the same acclaim that We All Belong helped Dr. Dog reach. It seems though, that unlike Dr. Dog, The Teeth's production process isn't as crisp over all, and that really doesn't help convey how awesome the Teeth are. Their stage presences is so awesome, its hard to funnel that into the tangibility of a CD. Atmosphere is a difficult thing to capture.

In addition to teeth, there are monsters and robots. Together, in art form! Artist Joe Alterio is raising money for AIDS by customizing artwork. Prices max at $40 bucks for a 6'' x 6'' piece of monster or robot by themselves ($25) or together ($40). Just hit up his monster page for more details.








Here is the new video from the teeth, called "Yellow":

No comments: