Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Ain't No Way (You Won't Love Me)


Today was a fun filled adventure with a Manhattan monsoon. I went to Piano's to check out Wes' Cross Pollination, but after I received beef nachos...I had to peace. Hopefully I can check it out next week, sans beef. After the nacho fiasco, I made my way to the Mercury Lounge to see a band one of my roommates promotes called Death Comes To Matteson, and was blown away by the vocal ability of the lead, who's opera training almost made me cry. Fortunately, the melancholy tone of the lyrics had me crying long before his voice could crack me, so I could save face. With obvious influence from The Smiths, Death Comes To Matteson put on a really amazing show even with extensive technically difficulties. Matteson's playing skill was also impressive, and carried the band rather than playing solo's like many lead vocal/ guitarist often do. Since they are from Nashville, I'm not sure when I'll get to see them again, but if you happen to see them on the bill, run to the bathroom, and stuff your pockets with paper towels, then get ready for some awesome rock, and if you're like me, also emasculation.

Death Comes To Matteson myspace

No comments: