Saturday, June 02, 2007

Isn't It Ironic


TimeOut NY writing on it's hate of hipsters? Really? I think this is pretty fantastic that a magazine that is the "go to" guide for hipsters is creating a guide against itself. There is even a hipster quiz!
And with the quiz, can you really win? If you pass, and are voted hipster guru, then is that winning? Or even worse...you could fail and just be king nerd, a title I currently hold dear, and that sure as hell ain't winning.

I realize this is TimeOut's attempt at ironic distance, which would make them clever, and even more pretentious, thereby solidifying their hipster ways, and alienating those that "just don't get it", but i just think this is dumb. Labels are for whores.


Also this is a mean test, I answered this quiz honestly, including the question about FOB (Damn you again Peter!) and rediscovered how lame I am...

My results:

"What's a Moz? We hate to be the ones that have to break this to you, but unless khaki-colored, baggy cargo pants, Yanni and a pleasant disposition come back into style, you're consigned to a life of unremarkable blandness. We're sorry."



I love Morrissey, and I DON"T LISTEN TO YANNI!!! ...everything else, quite true.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

"I shop at Urban Outfitters and like the Cure.
You have some sense of style and decent musical appreciation, but there are some glaring holes in your hipster resume. Don't worry. In this case holes in your resume are a positive thing, because it is a job that you probably don't want."

my title is so true...

e. Styles said...

lucky...

Joey said...

I'm like Jamie. We would be friends probably.