Wednesday, February 14, 2007

20 Years of Snow

A wintry mix of snow and ice has been doing a tandem soft shoe on my window sill for the past two mornings. I'm usually displeased by the presence of excessive snow,or any snow, but due to the circumstances (getting out of class), I'm not too disappointed.
I am disappointed, however, in the fact that I've had to change to the "new & improved" blogger. I don't like it at all. Not one bit. It's all bling and what have you, and I prefer my basic, no flash included, blogger.
When I was contemplating not updating my blog ever again, I started blog shopping. Looking at blogs that I would like to be like when I grow up. And Fashion was my saving grace. Our saving grace, because I'm sure you would all be devastated if there was no Segue. So today, I shall report on new, warm, spring fashions for men interested in looking as dapper as possible.

Lets start at the toes:
Puma just sent me a catalogue of sneakers made by Mihara Yasuhiro called Far Eastern Soles. If you get gassed off kicks like I do, this is a line you would be interested in. He just published a limited collectors book with the same name (Far Eastern Sole, in case you've forgotten already) which is an superb connect between sneakers & art.





The selection is really awesome, and this picture doesn't begin to encapsulate the size of the collection. It was the best I could do.







Legs:
Pants are trouble. Not exactly the principle behind wearing them, but finding some that fit me that aren't in the women's department, can be tricky. My good friend who has a dearth of knowledge in products has been preaching the positives of Levi's 501 line. He too, is in the skinny kid boat. I was reluctant to jump on the 501 bandwagon because of the financial qualms Levis has been having, but now, it seems they are back in the black, and I can invest my faith in them.








Ideology:
If you are one of those fashonistas, who adopt a style of dress, I can't very well ignore you, so this is for you. Emmett McCarthy, of Project Runway fame, is having a clearance sale (GASP!). So If using a designer as the sole foundation of a "statement" is your goal, all his stuff is 60%. Go to EMCĂ‚² | 240 Elizabeth St., Bet. Prince & Houston St. [ 212-431-4134] on Thru Feb 19. Mon-Sat, 10AM-8PM Sun, Noon-7PM.
Barney's is also having a warehouse sale February 15th through March 4th | Mon-Fri 10AM-9PM; Sat-Sun 10AM-7PM; February 15th & 16th 8AM-9PM. Go to 255 W 17th St, Bet. 7th & 8th Aves. [ 212-450-8400].

If you wish to look toward to future of male fashions, instead of whats in the clearance rack, Carlos Campos may be worth your time. Not too professional, but very stark lines. You'll have to wait till the fall to pick some of up. Hopefully I'll be able to afford some by then.

2 comments:

Joey said...

The Coombian Death Logic applies to fashion as well as it's more traditional uses; communications, spatial relations, minimal design, and radical media rereadings.

Eavvon please make note, 501s are nice but, but 511s are more my style. I've been taking an inch off the 30 length for a more tapered look. Compliment these with a brown or black leather belt buckled at the side rather than center and a pin or safety pin on either pocket for decoration.

The 511s in dark indigo or denim combined with muted blues, whites black and greys, I've found, that when worn bright argyle socks really makes them pop. This ensemble is finshed off at the foot with classic vans or penny loafers.

e. Styles said...

You, Sir, are quite a dapper gent. I will make note of your accented taste for future posts