Monday, February 05, 2007

Every Dot-com's Refreshing For a Journal Update


I have tried to avoid excessive gushing about any of the music I really enjoy, and just post relevant, interesting, metropolitan info. Until now. I have also kept quiet on my affinity for the pop-punk turned boy band, Fall Out Boy. Now that there is a video for their song "Thriller" which dons the vocals of Hip Hop Hero Jay-Hova, there is no holding back. I'd really love to hate this album in comparison to their earlier efforts...but I can't. Overly produced, glistening, and packaged with layered back up vocals, I'm still enamoredmored with Infinity On High. To save face, and musical integrity, there are lots of excellent aspects that have intensified the overall enjoyment of this album. There is clearly evidence of attempts toward breaking out of just basic instrumentation. Patrick Stump stated that this album would take a different approach on every track, which isn't necessarily true in the finished creation, but there are signs that this was actually a goal. So if I'm to wear a scarlet FOB on my chest, so be it. It will only complement the bleeding heart on my sleeve.

4 comments:

jenell o' boogie said...

those boys were just on dave letterman. funny i should read this blog now. I don't like that single. what the hell is he saying? "the scene, the scene, is a dead arms race?" and then pete did a spoken word bit. I don't like those. but I haven't heard the new album. mr. letterman said it would be in stores tomorrow. if I go there now, it won't be there, but tomorrow, yes.

ok wow shutting up.

Joey said...

I'm going to respond to this in my blog

Jamie said...

I'm glad that you're back to lovin' FOB. I think it'd feel weird if you didnt. I remember that time in the radio station where I said I only liked "dance dance" and like 2 other songs and you and katie were shocked and in total disbelief that I didn't love them more.

and I also come here to say this: thank you for turning us around in Philly and setting us on the right course.

BYE NOW!

Jamie said...

oh and about what jenell said about being unclear about the lyrics..

i always think Mr. Stump is saying:

"this ain't a scene it's a god damn ass race"

and

"i'm a weavin man, And the lies all weeble, oh so intricate, oh so intricate"

right?!