Tuesday, February 06, 2007

This isn't a blog post, its a question of circumstance

I started writing this post a week ago, after my Monday night film class. This class purpose is to discuss television cultures affect on society. Every week, my professor presents the idea that anything broadcast to the public is a watered down version of quality content. I don't argue this fact. I do however, question how to return to a time where TV wasn't a prolonged commercial with brief breaks for content (which is usually just a diluted commercial)? He suggested some sort of revolution. I'd like to shy away from that idea, at least for now. I'm pretty sure Ted Turner and Rupert Murdoch have enough money to purchase a small battalion to crush me moments after I post this, if they even really cared...which they most likely don't. Still I'm curious to how a nation that is so inherently mistrusting of new things, and pretends to be able to see deterioration coming from miles away, can settle for such, crap. Where is our bastion of useful, intellectual information for the masses, not that such a thing ever truly existed, but it was better than the "now". I need a little resolution.

No comments: