Sunday, February 04, 2007

Smells Like Content

Hopefully all enjoyed their weekends. Mine was spent devoting energies to several areas, and now I'm pretty beat. Therefore, I'm going to provides some news, then try and keep it movin, so I can get a decent amount of sleep at the end of today. There is a full week of classes from now, until spring break, an although I'm more than dedicated to the cause of posting, I may falter in consistency. But I promise to try! That being said, its story time! Get in a semi-circle around your computer screen.
In festival news, there has been upsetting news in terms of the Highline festival. David Bowie, who has been working closely with the Highline festival, but has backed out of actually performing, due to other consuming projects. In his stead, Deerhoof shall play. I really don't see the trade off, not that I'm knocking Deerhoof, but vs. Bowie, there no contest. I was intending to kidnap my closest friends and go to see bowie, mother also in toe, but now I have to find another reason to nab them.
The dim festival news does not end with Bowie. How could It get worse? The James Madison extravaganza known as MacRock (Mid-Atlantic-conference-Rock!) May not take place this year. Due to poor budgeting, and lack of sponsors, the east coast monster may have crumbled under its own weight. They're myspace is still being checked regularly, so maybe that's a good sign?
The Bamboozle Fest is still a go, and may be my springtime celebration in the stead of the other two productions. The bandlists have been posted on CMJ's cite, and may be the pop punk monster we all prayed it would be. Some of the performances to be drooled over:
My Chemical Romance
Boys Like Girls
Hellogoodbye
Armor For Sleep
Brand New
The Rocket Summer
Weird Al Yankovic*
Yellowcard
Young Love
Coney Island may be getting a new venue, which means I'll go to the island for more than just the Siren festival. There is no definite word yet, but we shall see.
Lastly, at least for now, is some tech news for all those aspiring artists. A few months ago, myspace informed the masses that soon, we would be able to purchase music from the profile pages of our favorite unsigned hype bands ( hype in a non-derogatory manner). Amie Street, who also has a profile on myspace, who have had an online music store since July 4th, has had its profile deleted due to technical errors. Is it possible that Rupert Murdoch isn't as ethical as we all once thought (insert laughter)?


* Just checking to see if your paying attention

No comments: