Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Back to the Block

So Jay's back to the block, posted up like a Dough Boy, and he's all about the Roc, and the rock, and those C's, boys. And we all have American Gangster (the movie) to thank for American Gangster (the album) from the foremost authority on American Gangsters (J-Hov).

After coming in from almost getting jumped by my very own Crown Heights gangster, and FINALLY setting up internet access in my place, I sat down and read the AllHipHop.com article on the listening party for the album. It blew my mind. The movie, which is to be released November third, inspired Mr. Carter, and reminded him of the good old days of slangin weight. How sentimental! The album will drop three days later (the 6th for those keeping track) and if AHH's ability to convey excitement is worth anything, and the rumours are true, and that mythical creek don't rise, then this could very well (deep breath) be Jay'z best album. Of course it's best to reserve judgement, but I'm just keepin my fingers crossed. Here is a trailer for the "Blue Magic" release, which I posted on last week. And just as a friendly reminder- get the new Radiohead album today! Laters.



No comments: