Thursday, October 11, 2007

Crank Dat "___________" Hoe!

As I grow older, I realize that I'm probably no longer a part of "youth culture" like I once was. Le Sigh. When I was younger, my sister and I used to practice the latest two-step till we got yelled at for blasting "Bam-a-lam" music, instead of learndin them books. We were north east kids, so the steps were a lot different than those that my cousins in the south were learning. Now that my sister goes to school in North Carolina, she is reporting back on how crazy some of those steps are. Since I fear that you readers may at some point find yourselves in a situation where two-stepping may be done, I don't want yall to look like fools (even though, if you pull off these dance, it will be inevitable). That's why I'm bringing you the "Crank Dat Tutorial".

All of these dances are pretty simple, and get more outlandish as you add your own personal flair to them. Thanks to the power of youtube, and the "hip-hops" evolving marketability, MC's now only need to package a dance, to a simple, straight to ringtone beat, and you're a star. Ask Soulja Boy.

So first, The Lion King:




The Superman:





The Spiderman:





And Finally, The Batman:




I hope this was informative, if not just hilarious. I'm so practicing as we speak.

4 comments:

jenell o' boogie said...

this was one of my favorite posts by you. I don't know if that says anything negative about anything else you post about, but it's not meant to. I just enjoyed watching these videos because I have such crazy white girl dreams of being able to dance better than I do. blame tap dancing or Britney Spears or Steve Martin or I dont know what. but I wish I could dance the Lion King and the Superman!

e. Styles said...

im glad you appreciate it. And dreams come true my friend, even crazy white girl dream. Well, so ive heard. I really don't know much about crazy white girls, except that they're crazy.

Lisa said...

haha i love this post...even though i hear that soulja boy song about 15 times at work a day!

Jamie said...

theres this little girl where i work who has a dance to this song. its pretty insane too. i should video it and share it with you!