Wednesday, October 03, 2007

"Phillies" Where I'm From

I was born in Philadelphia.
I love that town.
I was raised, much to the chagrin of my chums, on Atlanta Braves baseball. None of that front running nonsense. The first time I was hit with a baseball, it was in the ATL. When I got my first batter's helmet to protect my still soft skull, there was an white A on the front, with navy blue backing and a red bill. When the Braves were awesome, and Philly was stinktown, I never flaunted it, because that just wrong. And now, when the Philles make it further than my beloved Braves, I ain't bitter. I just hope that all the violence and anger of the city of brotherly love is bottled up, then beat against the brow of phillies opponents. Much like in this clip:



Good Luck today v Colorado.

4 comments:

Matt said...

For some reason I just recently started getting into baseball. As I read your post, I felt an anger inside of me as a "Phillies fan." I wanted to taunt you for being a fan of anything but the Phillies.

I'm not a fan, I barely understand the fundemental rules of the sport, and couldn't tell you a thing about the Phillies lineup...but the only other person I know who likes the Braves has never been laid and probably never will. I think it's because he likes the team. I'm just saying.

e. Styles said...

was it me that you met?

i'm just sayin'.

jenell o' boogie said...

that video made me "LOL" for reals. then when i tried to explain to my family what was so funny, nobody else LOLed. :(

e. Styles said...

They clearly can't appreciate fine cinema.